Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Global warming in the eyes of a 4-year-old

One part of being a mom that I love the most is seeing the world from a kid's perspective.  Sometimes the things they say are so sweet and innocent and sometimes they are just downright hilarious.  For me, this is the stuff that keeps me going day after day after day.  Yesterday, we drove to Indiana from Wisconsin on our way back from visiting my family (about 9 hours in the car by myself with my two kids....fun times!)  We drove thru some crazy rush hour traffic in Chicago and then proceeded thru what I like to call the "armpit of the world", otherwise known as Gary, IN.  It just smells bad and there are factories and smog and smokestacks for miles around.  I'm pretty sure my chances of getting cancer double every time I drive through.  Anyway, as we were passing by all the smokestacks, Miles pipes up and asks "Mom, are those cloudmakers?".  I couldn't help but crack up.  It never occurred to me that he wouldn't know what they were...it was so cute.  I almost wish I would have lied to him and told him he was right, but I explained what they were and he seemed satisfied with my answer.  Wouldn't it be nice if they were just cloudmakers?  

No comments:

Post a Comment