Thursday, January 15, 2009

One week down...one to go!

Well, Mike has been out of town for a week now and the kids are still alive so that's a good sign.  Actually, they behaved amazingly well for me.....I'm starting to to think that they are turning into good, kind, and responsible little kids and that maybe we as their we parents aren't totally screwing them up.  Mike and I have a little agreement going that he puts the kids to bed every night.  To be honest, he really is better at that than me anyway....maybe it has something to do with the "night-night horse" that delivers the kids into their beds.  With him gone, I was really dreading having to do that for 8 nights straight with no help.  Does that make me a bad mom?  Well after taking care of their every need all day long, sometimes putting them to bed puts me over the edge so I'm really grateful for our little agreement when Mike is home.  It gives me a chance to relax for a moment while Mike is fulfilling all their silly bedtime requests....I need my transformer blanket, I don't want my Thomas blanket, can you get my flashlight, where's my omnitrix alien, can you spread the books out on my bed?, I need my purse, I need my babies, can you move the shopping cart closer to my bed?.........the list of requests could go on and on if we didn't nip it in the bud and tell them to GO TO SLEEP already!  Anyway, like I said I was really dreading this, but seriously they have been such good kids this week!  I haven't had any issues with the exception of coming home late one night and Maizy having to be woken up to get her jammies on.  She was not so happy about that!   I'm just really grateful that Heavenly Father answered a little prayer for me and made bedtime a cinch for me this week.  And I'm grateful for a husband who's whipped the kids into shape!

Mike will be home tomorrow night.....yeah!  The kids are super excited to see him.  I can't remember the last time he was gone for this long.  It may even have been before the kids came along.  We are looking forward to a nice weekend together before he heads back to South Dakota on Monday.  Then we have another week without Daddy.....bummer!  Definitely better than no job at all though!  I just hope next week goes as smoothly as this one did!

1 comment:

  1. The sweet tender mercies of the Lord, huh?:) I can totally relate to the list of bedtime requests...it's like bedtime hits and all of a sudden the kids need food, water, and every toy or book they have. Funny. Glad the kids were good for ya. So is Mike going back and forth for work? Tough on you...how long does he have to do that for? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete